Choosing the right window for your bedroom in Florida is important for several reasons:
Florida has a warm and humid climate, which means that air conditioning is often necessary to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. Choosing the right window can help to reduce energy costs by improving insulation and preventing heat gain. Look for windows with low-E coatings, insulated glass, and frames made from materials such as vinyl or fiberglass that resist heat transfer.
Florida is prone to hurricanes and tropical storms, which can cause significant damage to homes and buildings. Choosing windows that are impact-resistant can help to protect your home from flying debris and high winds. Look for windows that meet Florida building codes and have been tested to withstand wind speeds of up to 150 mph.
Florida can be a noisy place, especially if you live near busy roads or commercial areas. Choosing windows with double or triple-pane glass can help to reduce noise levels, providing a quieter and more peaceful sleeping environment.
Florida is known for its sunshine, and choosing the right window can help to maximize natural light in your bedroom. Consider the orientation of your windows and choose ones that face south or east to capture the most sunlight.
Depending on where your bedroom is located in your home, you may want to choose windows that provide privacy. Consider using frosted or tinted glass or installing window treatments such as blinds or curtains to maintain your privacy.
Guardian Hurricane Protection is a recognized leader in the South West Florida window and door industry. Our success is based on a strong combination of customer service, business management, and technical competency that comes from years of experience working in our industry. Guardian Hurricane Protection is a fully licensed and insured State of Florida Certified General Contractor. We are OSHA Certified, have an outstanding safety record and conduct regular on-site safety meetings. Our goal is zero time lost on the job. We are a Nami Certified Manufacturer, PGT Glazing Certified, EuroWall Installation Certified, an ASSA Member, and a Solar Energy Contractor.
Here are list of windows we recommend for your bedroom:
Single Hung Window
The CGI® Sentinel Series 110 Single Hung Impact Window is an impact resistant window with a plethora of features. This single-hung window is made with commercial-grade aluminum frames, architecturally correct and even sightlines for aesthetics, a water and air resistant captured bottom rail, stainless steel fasteners for added strength, and multiple weatherstripping points. It’s an adaptable option that adds style to bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms.
- Aesthetically pleasing matching sightlines
- Window has a flush-mounted frame designed to be even with your wall
- U-framed captured bottom rail with triple weatherstripping to prevent air infiltration, and weeped sill, allowing water to exit
- 2 ½” frame depth for easier and faster installation
- Hidden block and tackle balances (on most sizes) provides a cleaner aesthetic look
- Extruded aluminum snap-on glazing beads swiftly lock in place to provide clean sight lines
- Strong structural glazing acts as a framing system to support the glass
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Concealed head anchors help with window aesthetics
- Extruded screen frame for added strength with Super-View mesh for clearer, unobstructed views
- Egress self closing sill snap lock
Double Hung Windows
WinGuardR Vinyl is also energy efficient, which can help you save money on your heating and cooling bills. This WinGuardR vinyl double hung window (DH5560) has removable top and bottom sashes for easier exterior cleaning and ventilation, as well as ComfortLift handles. This design is suitable for lanais, patios, and sunrooms and can be used throughout the house.
- Multi-chamber frame provides outstanding energy savings
- Stylish ComfortLift handles allow for easier lifting and window management
- Welded sash corners create a strong seal for durability and longevity
- Removable/movable top and bottom sashes that allow for maximum ventilation and easy cleaning
This WinGuardR aluminum casement window (CA740) opens on either the left or right side, providing convenient ventilation in your room. The foldaway handle is nestled into the window, preventing curtain interference, and the matching Awning and Picture windows provide a finished look in your home. These windows are popular in bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms.
- Single unit hinged for opening either from the left or right
- Matching Awning, Picture, or Architectural windows available
- Multi-point locking system provides added strength and security
- Washable hinge allows for easy cleaning from inside your home
- The foldaway handle does not interfere with window treatments
This WinGuardⓇ aluminum awning window (AW740) opens outward from the bottom, providing outstanding ventilation and light. Designed to keep rain from entering your home, this window is ideal for higher spaces and pairs beautifully with our matching Casement and Fixed Lite Picture Window.
- Hinged along the top and can be opened using a handle
- Foldaway handle will not interfere with window treatments
- Flexible design with units that can be mulled (attaching two or more window units together) vertically or horizontally
- Create your ideal look with matching Casement and Fixed Lite Picture Window
- Multi-point locking system adds strength and security
This WinGuard® vinyl casement picture window (PW5540) maximizes light and can be paired with the matching Casement and/or Awning windows for a complete design. Casement Picture windows are non-operable, often accenting other windows in rooms like a bedroom, living room, or bathroom.